Location: Hassocks, BN6
• Are you an NMC Registered Nurse?
• Do you specialise in EMI/Elderly care?
• Are you looking to work for an organisation that provides on-going training and support to develop your career?
• Have you got experience of working in a nursing home setting?
If you answered yes to the above questions then we have the role for you!
Our client, based in Hassocks, is looking for an experienced Registered General Nurse – RGN to join their team working day shifts. Working with the Care Team the Registered General Nurse – RGN will be experienced in the provision of care to elderly individuals, including end of life care. Supporting the Clinical Manager to provide the best care possible for their elderly residents.
The Registered General Nurse – RGN Days must have a valid NMC PIN. Advocating for the rights of residents, working alongside the care team to enable them to live the fullest lives they can. Supporting the Clinical Manager to deliver high-quality nursing care services in their 40 bedded Nursing Home.
• Deliver high-quality nursing services to service users with the support of the Clinical Manager
• Champion resident safety and dignity
• Understand, and have demonstrable experience of, the care planning process and how to write effective Care Plans
• Wound Management
• Responsible for drug administration.
• Responsible for maintaining comprehensive, up to date, and accurate records.
• Responsible for identifying areas of clinical risk, reporting incidents, and taking preventative action to ensure residents' needs are being met.
• Ensure care meets the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission guidance ‘Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’
• Able to effectively manage difficult situations with tact, diplomacy, and compassion, especially with resident’s friends and family
The ideal candidate
• Must have a clinical background and a valid NMC PIN
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a nurse with a strong focus on Elderly Care/EMI
• Right to work in the UK
• Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
• Must be able to provide 5 years of satisfactory references pertinent to the role
• Sound knowledge and experience working within
Nursing Home settings
• Possess excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of health and safety matters relating to care services and risk management
• Administrative skills and computer literacy with a strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy are essential
Benefits: 28 days holiday 3 days on 4 days off
£30,000.00 - £32,000.00
Hours: Full time, 36 hours
Job Type: Permanent
Get in touch
Looking for a new job? It can be difficult to know where to get started, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you. Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch to have a proper chat about what you’re looking for.